Taste Uganda Goals and Objectives
- Use the creative process to unearth different traditional music, dances, folk tales, and cultural practices and converse the diversity of Ugandan cultures.
- Document and transfer traditional music, dances, folk tales, and cultural practices for easy access to the public.
- Promote pride in Ugandan cultures and appreciate the cultures of other peoples, giving strength to an environment of tolerance and mutual respect.
- Allow opportunities for individuals, corporate companies, private sector, NGOs, event organizers, government institutions, and foreign agencies to understand the value of arts in society and work with artistic entities to boost employment.
- Celebrate the milestone of House of Talent East Africa’s 7 years of artistic creation and promote the work of the company to increase future opportunities for performance.
Staging the Event
Taste Uganda will take place at the Uganda National Theatre and Cultural Center on 18th to 20th May 2018 as a pre-celebration to UNESCO World Culture Day on 21st May and Africa Day on 25th May. The performance will take place at 7:37pm. On the 18th May, there will be a premier performance to celebrate International Museums Day with a pop-up Uganda Museum.
Tickets are priced at 100,000/=, 50,000/=, and 25,000/= respectively and presale have a 20% discount before 7th May. Tickets may be purchased online through Quicket http://qkt.io/taste-uganda and are for sale at the following locations:
- The National Theatre
- Uganda Museum
- Alliance Francaise and Goethe Zentrum/UGCS
- The Bistro-Kisementi
- The Pantry-Nsambya
- PAF and Guild Canteen- Makerere University
- Aida’s Place- Bugolobi
- All TOTAL Petrol Stations
House of Talent East Africa whose acronym is HOT, is a Performance Arts Company focused on Contemporary presentations of indigenous African expressive art forms based and registered in Uganda since 2010. We are dedicated to discovering, nurturing and showcasing artistic talent among the youth in Uganda and providing entertainment services at various events. House Of Talent East Africa was set up with the aim of contributing to the professionalizing and transformation of the cultural and creative arts industry in Uganda and East Africa as a whole through collaborations, training, sharing and expression of our diverse cultures.