Stand Up Paddle The Nile
By Kirk Hollis
SUP or Stand Up Paddle Boarding is the hottest new trend in water sports. SUP originated in the Hawaiian islands where surfing instructions would stand on their boards so that they could monitor students in the water as they were learning to surf. It caught on as its own sport and is now the worlds fastest growing water surf activity. SUP, the simple sport of paddle board and paddle has become a popular, diverse sport that is filling the world’s waterways with fun. Now why would standing on a big surfboard and paddling with a long paddle be going viral? Here are just a few reasons why SUP is blowing up all around the world.
• Stand Up Paddle Boarding is easy for anyone to learn. On flat calm water anyone can be standing and paddling in no time at all and after a just a few tries, balance becomes easier and easier. It is suitable for people of any fitness level, you don’t need to be an elite athlete to enjoy the fun of SUP. Anyone can SUP. All ages can learn to paddle board, from 3 years old to those in their nineties. Even dogs like to ride along.
• Just add water. All you need to Stand Up Paddle is a body of water, any water. Lakes, oceans, rivers, any waterway is good for paddle boarding.
• SUP can be as social as you want it to be. You can have fun on your own or with a group. It is easy to talk and socialize while paddling with friends or family.
• Stand Up Paddling is great exercise, it is one of the best full body workouts available. It gives you a complete core muscle workout, fine tunes your balance, builds your endurance and depending on how hard you paddle, can be an intense cardio exercise. Skiers, snowboarders and other athletes are using SUP as a cross training activity because of its full body workout benefits.
• Stand Up Paddle Boarding is a new way to be on the water. The vantage point of standing on the board allows a great way to view your surroundings and allows you to enjoy life on the water as well as the horizon. Essentially it is like walking on water.
• Paddle Boarding is a green sport. There is no motor which means no noise to disturb nature, just a simple board and paddle.
• Sup has become many sports in one due to the variety of activities that you can do on a Paddleboard. You can Stand Up Paddle Surf in small waves or large. Daredevils are taking paddle boards down rivers and even into whitewater rapids. You can participate in Paddleboard races which are being held all over the world. Downwind open ocean runs of many miles are becoming popular. You can fish from a Paddle board along the coast and in inland lakes and rivers. Or you can do one of your favourite fitness workouts such as yoga from a paddle board.
• SUP is fun! The main reason Stand Up Paddle Boarding is the fastest growing water sport on the planet is because it is so much fun to do and can be done in so many different places and in so many different ways.
Nile Sup is a new stand up paddle boarding company based in Jinja offering rentals, guided trips and group lessons. Nile Sup is a mobile company so it is able to operate in any suitable body of water on the Nile or on Lake Victoria. Most trips are currently being run at the Nile River Explorers (NRE) campsite where the new Bujagali lake lies, which is an amazing stretch of calm water to explore. Other trips can be organized on the lake, at the source of the Nile or in and around Kampala. So what are you waiting for? Find out for yourself what this latest craze is all about and try Stand Up Paddleboarding for yourself.
For more information, please contact:
Kirk Hollis, Mobile: +256 784694528