LAKE MBURO ACCOMMODATION
By Katie Bays
There is a range of accommodation in and around Mburo. From really wild campsites, budget tents and Banda’s to comfortable cottages and luxury tented rooms. Many of the camps and lodges have great views each with a different perspective onto the beauty that is Lake Mburo National Park. All are set in the bush with the wildlife and are small, about 10 units per camp.
The contact details are arranged in order of price. There are budget options with UWA at Rwonyo Rest Camp, costing just 20,000ugx per person sharing. Good quality, medium budget accommodation is available from conveniently located lodges bordering the park near the Nshara (Rwakobo Rock) and Sanga (Eagles Nest) gates. There is also an array of top end lodges with Mihingo Lodge providing the most facilities and best quality service – a true luxury in the wilderness.
WHO TO CONTACT
* LMNP UWA bookings office: Mobile: +256 751 046904 / (039) 2711346.
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Website: www.ugandawildlife.org.
UWA – camping at lakeside & tents and banda’s at Rwonyo Rest Camp
* Nshara & Sanga Community Campsites, Mobile: +256 758 233460 / +256 758 265636
* Eagles Nest, Tel: (041) 4200221. Website: www.gorillatours.com
* Rwakobo Rock, Mobile: +256 755 211771. Website: www.rwakoborock.com
* Arcadia Cottages, Tel: (041) 4286261. Website: www.arcadiacottages.net
* Mburo Safari Lodge, Tel: (041) 4577997. Website: www.mburosafarilodge.com
* Mantana Tented Camp, Tel: (041) 4321552. Website: www.kimbla-mantana.co.ug
* Mihingo Lodge, Mobile: +256 752 410509. Website: www.mihingolodge.com