JAGUZA! The Uganda International Tourism Expo
Article & Images by Charlotte Beauvoisin
The aim of JAGUZA! International Tourism Expo is to raise awareness of the different tourist destinations, activities and lodges available in Uganda. JAGUZA! aims to fill the knowledge gap by offering information – and even the chance to try some unusual adventure activities.
RELAXATION, LEISURE, ADVENTURE AND FUN – THAT’S JAGUZA!
What is the idea behind JAGUZA?
Although the country is an increasingly popular destination for expats and overseas tourists, very few Ugandans see the benefits of holidaying in the Pearl of Africa. Talk to Kenyans and hear the difference: they spend Easter in the Maasai Mara and Christmas on the beach at Mombasa. They value their time off work and they love adventure and visiting new places: they are passionate supporters of their homegrown tourism industry.
In addition to developing the domestic tourism markets, JAGUZA! invites exhibitors and visitors from across the East African region to come and find out more about what Uganda has on offer for tourists.
Who is invited to JAGUZA?
Visitors to JAGUZA! will have the chance to experience all that is best about East African traditional culture, through dance, music and food. For just 5,000 shillings entry fee, the general public can discover for themselves what their native country has to offer: tourism in Uganda is not just for expats and foreigners.
The JAGUZA! Team has a non-stop schedule of activities lined up for the whole family: high-profile artistes; free prize draws; special guests; activities for the children; the chance for adults to try adventure activities and see what the Ugandan tourism industry has to offer; cultural performances, and so much more.
- The theme for 2014 will be ‘Celebrating People & Culture’ and will include:
- Cultural performances representing different parts of the country
- Visits by special guests from the Kingdoms
- Food and beverage area.
- Kids’ activities such as:
- Interactive activities such as competitions for different age groups
- UWEC’s mobile zoo
- Bouncing castle
- Evening performances by local musical artistes.
- Grand exhibition stalls for tour operators, lodges, hotels and ‘day out’ activities
- A number of raffle draws with amazing prizes (flights, lodge and hotel stays, restaurant vouchers, tourism activities and more)
- Entertainment: acrobat displays, activity provider displays.