Immigration Uganda information Last updated: July 23, 2019 at 0:27 am
VISAS & PASSES FOR UGANDA
Any person intending to enter into Uganda should do so only for lawful purposes and in accordance with national immigration laws, guidelines and formalities. Foreign nationals intending to enter Uganda for purposes of employment should comply with requirements for expatriate employment in Uganda.
- All visa prone nationalities must obtain Uganda visas to facilitate their entry into the country.
- Uganda visas may be obtained at Uganda missions abroad or by applying online at the Uganda E-Immigration System www.visas.immigration.go.ug.
VISA & CORRESPONDING FEES
|Category/description of visa||Cost Per Person|
|Single entry||US$ 50|
|Multiple entry visa 6-12 months||US$ 100|
|Multiple entry visa 12-24 months||US$ 100|
|Multiple entry visa 24-36 months||US$ 100|
|Students (Entry Visa for students who are not nationals of East African Cooperation.)||US$ 100|
|East African Tourist Visa (Three months Multiple Entry for Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda)||US$ 100|
|Residents of Kenya, Rwanda and Uganda travelling to any of the three countries can now enter the alternative Partner State without paying for visas.||Free|
Visit www.visas.immigration.go.ug and click “START NEW APPLICATION”
PAGE 1 – Select visa or application type under category, click visa or permit type under subcategory then click visa or permit type. You will then see the required documents, their format and required size and the fees for your visa or entry permit. You can prepare your scanned documents before proceeding.
PAGE 2 – Enter your personal data
PAGE 3 – Upload your documents
PAGE 4 – Review and submit
After submission, you will get an “Application Received” email with a tracking code and an option to submit your payment. Once your application is approved you will get an “Application Approved” email with a bar-coded approval letter attached. Print out the letter and payment receipt and keep it with your passport and air ticket (in the case of a travel visa). If you have approval for any other residence permit, please use the print out to make payments at any of our local banks – then you can submit the payment and all the other documents at the DCIC head office. If you have a travel visa on arrival at the entry point, you must hand over the Approval Letter/Payment Receipt with the original documents you uploaded. The Immigration Officer will then endorse the actual visa in your passport after confirming their authenticity.
For more information about the categories of visas, passes, entry permits and any other immigration facilities, please visit www.immigration.go.ug or view the application portal at
All people applying for entry/work permits, student passes and sponsored special passes must do so using the organisational code of their institution. An organisational code is generated free of charge at Immigration once the respective organisation brings the required information
STEP BY STEP PROCEDURES OF ORGANIZATIONAL CODING
- Download a profiling form and the requirements for organisational coding from our website at http://www.immigration.go.ug/forms-downloads. Alternatively, you can get hard copies of the profiling form and requirements from the photocopier at DCIC in case you are unable to download them. The cost is 2,000/=
- Fill and complete the profiling form as well as the particulars of the Directors and save them on a CD in Microsoft Word or Excel (soft copy)
- Scan and save the required documents for the relevant Class/Organisation/Institution in PDF or JPEG format. Save them on the same CD as the profiling form and particulars of Directors.
- Deliver a complete CD with the profiling form and particulars of the Directors (in Microsoft Word/Excel) as well as the required documents, scanned and saved in either a PDF or JPEG format to the Immigration Head Offices on 75 Jinja Road.
- The CD is then handed over to the officers for verification and/or receiving. The client should take a keen interest as this is being done.
- A submission form is filled in by the client if all the necessary information is available.
- The submission form (with the CD) is received by the immigration officers and a receiving slip is then issued to the client.
- The code is sent by email (the email address you provided in the profiling form) to the client. However, in case you have not received it in three days you must come to the PR office with your receiving slip and it will be issued to you.